While Johannes Schmoelling had revisited his music released in the past 20 years with the album Images And Memory in 2007, he went a step further back with Early Beginnings in 2008: This album compiles music recorded during the period he was member of Tangerine Dream, that is between 1979 and 1985. In the liner notes, Johannes Schmoelling tells: "What you will hear on Early Beginnings are rough drafts and demo recordings, which were not originally meant for the public. Good friends encouraged me and helped me to publish this material.
Johannes Schmoelling. 1986, Wuivend Riet (CD, Album, Reissue 1987) (ERD 2-87015).
Johannes Schmölling, or Schmoelling, was born in Lohne, Germany in 1950. Schmölling obtained a degree in sound engineering in 1978. He then began a musical career with a band known as Tangerine Dream from 1979-1985. Since 1986 he works successfully as an solo artist and composer for theatre and TV. In 2011 he joined forces with Jerome Froese and Robert Waters (3) to form Loom (10), a new three-members band in the tradition of Tangerine Dream. イト: johannesschmoelling.
Listen to music from Johannes Schmoelling. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Johannes Schmoelling. Early Beginnings: Anthology 1979-1985.
Johannes Schmoelling (Schmölling in German), born 9 November 1950 in Lohne, Germany) is a German musician and keyboard artist. He was a member of the prolific electronic music group Tangerine Dream from 1979 to 1985. A classically trained musician, he began playing piano at the age of eight. By twelve he had begun playing the pipe organ and successfully mastered the instrument so well that he began to play professionally at various churches
Early Beginnings '2008. Johannes Schmoelling.
In 2014 Johannes Schmoelling and Robert Waters performed with Jerome Froese at the Electronic Cirkus Festival, (not as Loom) but supporting Jerome who was a headliner at that festival. Songs by Loom and Tangerine Dream were also played. In 2016 Loom played two more concerts. At Ufa Fabrik in Berlin (where the album Years in Music was recorded), and in October they played once again at The E-Live Festival in Oirschot, near Eindhoven in The Netherlands. Wuivend Riet (Erdenklang, 1986). Early Beginnings (recorded 1979-1985, Viktoriapark, 2008). A Thousand Times (Viktoriapark, 2009). Time And Tide (Viktoriapark, 2011).
|1||The Blue Door||2:44|
|2||The Blue Window||2:29|
|6||Walking On Sunset Blvd.||4:03|
|7||It Better End Soon||2:54|
|8||Violence In The Street||5:49|
|10||The Soldier Theme||2:25|
|11||Riding The Bike||3:59|
|12||Tracks In The Snow||6:32|
- Arranged By – Schmoelling* (tracks: 10 to 12)
- Artwork – Andreas Hedler
- Composed By – Franke* (tracks: 10 to 12), Froese* (tracks: 10 to 12), Johannes Schmoelling* (tracks: 1 to 9, 13, 14), Schmoelling* (tracks: 10 to 12)
- Liner Notes [Berlin 2008] – Johannes Schmoelling*
- Liner Notes [English Translation] – Conrad Gibbons, Martina "Nella" Neller
- Mastered By [Mastering], Technician [Audio Enhancement] – Nils Hahmann
- Other [All Photographs With Kind Permission By] – Jerome Froese
- Performer [Performed By], Producer [Produced By] – Johannes Schmoelling*
- Photography By [All Photographs By] – Monika Froese*
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4 012831 180734
- Matrix / Runout: 86876 CD Early Beginnings
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L623
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 1G50
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Label Code: LC 11247