Mike Westbrook Brass Band, The Orckestra. Michael John David Westbrook (born 21 March 1936) is an English jazz pianist, composer, and writer of orchestrated jazz pieces. Mike Westbrook was 80 years old in 2016 and as part of the celebrations recorded his first solo piano album for 40 years, entitled PARIS. It was recorded live over two nights at Hélène Aziza's art gallery in Paris by Jon Hiseman. Glad Day (Settings of William Blake) (1999). L'ascenseur: Lift (2002). Chanson Irresponsable (2003).
Mike Westbrook Brass Band.
Provided to YouTube by Believe SAS Glad Day · Mike Westbrook Glad Day - Settings of William Blake ℗ Enja Records Matthias Winckelmann Gmbh Released on: 1999 . Glad Day - Settings of William Blake. Enja Records Matthias Winckelmann Gmbh. Released on: 1999-06-04. Author: William Blake Composer: Mike Westbrook. Auto-generated by YouTube. Mike Westbrook Orchestra (feat.
Glad Day’ is based on poems by the great English poet and painter William Blake. Many of the songs that form the basis of ‘Glad Day’ derive from ‘Tyger’, Adrian Mitchell’s musical about Blake, which was staged by the National Theatre Company in 1971 with specially commissioned music by Mike Westbrook.
Mike Westbrook - London Song 07:42. Mike Westbrook - Let the Slave 08:23. Mike Westbrook - Lullaby 03:11. Mike Westbrook - Holy Thursday 14:01. Mike Westbrook - The Tyger and the Lamb 09:28. Mike Westbrook - A Poison Tree 06:54. Mike Westbrook - Long John Brown and the Little Mary Bell 08:29. Mike Westbrook - The Human Extract 10:12. Mike Westbrook - The Fields 04:42. Mike Westbrook - I See Thy Form 04:12.
Glad Day: The Poetry of William Blake (Live at Toynbee Hall, London). The Serpent Hit. 2013. Mike Westbrook's Love Songs. Chanson Irresponsable. The Orchestra of Smith's Academy.
Mike Westbrook - Glad Day - Settings of William Blake (Disc 1. og. Glad Day - Settings of William Blake (Disc 1. ue.
Westbrook performing at his William Blake Project, "Glad Day", in London on 6 December 2008. Background information.
|1.3||Let The Slave (Incorporating The Price Of Experience)||11:25|
|1.5||Song Of Spring||4:05|
|2.1||The Tyger And The Lamb||9:21|
|2.2||A Poison Tree||2:14|
|2.3||Long John Brown And Little Mary Bell||9:47|
|2.4||The Human Abstract||16:43|
|2.6||I See Thy Form||3:58|
- Copyright (c) – Enja Records Matthias Winckelmann GmbH
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Enja Records Matthias Winckelmann GmbH
- Arranged By [Lyrics] – Adrian Mitchell, Kate Westbrook (tracks: 1.6, 2.4)
- Bass – Steve Berry
- Design – Ingo Wulff
- Directed By [The Senior Girls Choir Of Blackheath Conservatoire Of Music And The Arts] – Lucy McAlary (tracks: 1.3, 1.5, 2.1, 2.5, 2.6)
- Drums, Percussion – Dave Barry
- Engineer [Assistant] – Gavin Landless
- Engineer, Mixed By – Dick Lewzey
- Executive-Producer – Peter Conway
- Guitar – Alan Hill (tracks: 1.5), Brian Godding (tracks: 1.5), Roger Potter* (tracks: 1.5), Paul Hirsh (tracks: 1.5)
- Lyrics By – William Blake
- Mastered By, Engineer [Digital Editing] – Mike Brown
- Music By – Mike Westbrook
- Other [Session Coordination] – Phil Clarke
- Painting [Cover Painting] – William Blake
- Piano, Voice [Speech], Producer – Mike Westbrook
- Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone – Peter Whyman*
- Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone – Chris Biscoe
- Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Alan Wakeman
- Voice – Phil Minton
- Voice, Piccolo Flute, Tenor Horn – Kate Westbrook
NotesRecorded at C.T.S. Studios, London on November 13-15, 1997.
With special thanks to Julia and Adrian Mann and to Paul Wilson.
Steve Berry uses Picato 'Innovation' strings.
Mike Westbrook Brass Band, P.O. Box 41, Plymstock, Plymouth, PL8 1YP, U.K.
Cover painting: "Glad Day" by William Blake (1757-1827). (C)The British Museum.
Recording funded by Airshaft Trust.